Fall is a beloved time filled with vibrantly colorful landscapes, adorably costumed kids, and festive feasts that will have your tastebuds quickly looking forward to next year’s seasonal treats. Between bakery-made donuts and pumpkin-infused everything, fall stands out as a glorious time for our plates and palates. But few drinks epitomize the autumn spirit quite like a piping hot cup of homemade apple cider!
This seasonal favorite is the perfect drink to accompany Halloween parties and Thanksgiving dinners. No matter what sort of merrymaking you partake in this season, this homemade slow cooker apple cider recipe is sure to be a hit with all the guests at your gatherings!
- 10 medium apples of assorted varieties
- 1 orange
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- Brown sugar or granulated sugar, to taste
1. Wash the apples and the orange before cutting them into quarters. You don’t have to peel them; leaving the skin on is fine.
2. Place the fruit in your slow cooker, adding in the cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.
3. Cover the contents of your slow cooker with water until it is almost full, leaving about a half inch to an inch of space.
4. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 hours. An hour before it’s done cooking, mash up the apples and orange.
5. Let your mashed-up fruits brew in the water for the remaining hour.
6. Using a fine mesh sieve or a cheese cloth, strain out the apple cider juice into a pitcher. Discard the solids. Restrain if large chunks remain present in your juice.
7. Stir in your brown sugar or granulated sugar to sweeten. Add more or less to match your preferred taste of sweetness.
8. Serve warm. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
In addition to leaving you with a warm holiday beverage to sip on, making this homemade slow cooker apple cider recipe will also leave your home brimming with the cozy aroma of fall! So go ahead and indulge your sense this season. Let us know how your cider turned out by leaving us a comment!