Hobo Stew is a hearty meal that will really hit the spot after an active day of outdoor fun. You can even pre-prepare some of your ingredients to make meal time a breeze! With this recipe, eating good in the great outdoors has never been so delicious!
What You’ll Need
- Large Kettle with Cover
- Cutting Board
- 1-1/2 lbs. Steak (cut up)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 4 Peeled Potatoes
- 2 Chopped Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Pkg. Carrots
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C. Canola Oil
How To Make
- Heat your kettle over the campfire with canola oil in the bottom.
- Cut up and prepare your ingredients if you haven’t already prepped them.
- Add the steak, onion, and garlic to the kettle and let it cook.
- Once the ingredients in your kettle have browned, add the green pepper, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, salt, and pepper into the mixture.
- Add enough water to your kettle so that all your ingredients are submerged.
- Put the cover over your kettle and let boil for around 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Then remove the kettle from heat.
- Combine the flour with water to form a thick mixture. Add it to your stew and stir.
- Give your hobo stew plenty of time to cool before serving.
While you’re waiting for your stew to cool, whip up some campfire mushrooms for a delicious appetizer!