When you’re living the RV lifestyle, no grub is too gourmet for the great outdoors, and we’ve got a recipe here to prove it! This meal is easy to prepare, easy to cook, and even easier to devour! If your mouth is watering for the juicy and flavorful taste of beer and garlic campfire chicken, then start mixing your marinade and gathering firewood because this enticing recipe is ready to rock your tastebuds!
What You’ll Need
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chicken
- 1 12 oz. bottle of dark beer
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Making Your Marinade
Mix together your bottle of beer, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, onion powder, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt/pepper in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until an even liquid consistency is reached. In either a heavy-duty, sealable plastic bag or your bowl, combine your chicken with your marinade, making sure the chicken is submerged in the mixture for optimal flavoring. Let your chicken marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
How To Cook
- Start by preparing your fire so you have flames to cook over once you’re ready to throw your chicken on! You will need a campfire cooking grate to prepare your chicken over the fire. If you don’t have access to a grate, your camp grill will also work, but you’ll be lacking the authentic smoky taste of a true campfire!
- Remove your chicken pieces from the marinade and place them on the cooking grate, making sure that the flames are not too high to char your meat and ruin your meal! Grill one side for around 6-8 minutes before turning it over and cooking the other side. Continue rotating your chicken until it is cooked all the way through.
- Your cook times will be largely dependent on the size of your chicken breasts, so check on them regularly throughout the grilling process and use your best judgment. If you want a more powerful flavor, consider keeping a reserve of your marinade and brushing it onto the chicken during the rotation process!
Pair your scrumptious beer and garlic campfire chicken with an in-the-fire baked potato or these campfire mushrooms! And don’t forget about dessert! Treat your tastebuds to the next level of the S’mores saga: the almighty S’moreo!
Have you tried this delicious campfire chicken recipe? If so, tell us what you thought in the comments! Did it rock your tastebuds? And, if you’re feeling generous, share one of your favorite campfire chicken recipes with us!